Monday, November 10, 2008

living in the Spirit

In my eating and in everything am I living according to the flesh or according to the Spirit.
I am sad to say that much of the time I live in the flesh. Our mind must be set on the things of the Spirit. Col. 3:2
If I am living in the flesh I dwell on past failures, disappointments, or victories.
I dwell on the future. On what my fantasy life will be like.
I dwell on my plans, agenda, and way of doing things independent of God.
I dwell on and compare myself to others.
I dwell on food and eating or some other pleasure of the flesh.

When I live according to the Spirit
I dwell on God's provision.
I live and enjoy the present life in the present.
I dwell on God's Word and my identity in Christ
I dwell on His will, agenda, and enabling grace.
This provides a sense of peace as I trust God while melting down to my natural size. Romans 8: 6
This lesson from workbook number 2 really spoke to me. Lord help me live according to the Spirit not the flesh. Help me cast down every thought and imagination that exalts itself above the knowledge of Jesus Christ not only in eating but in all I do and to give you the glory, Dear Father God.

2 comments:

Lil said...

Wow- I needed this post this morning. Thanks so much for sharing your heart.

New Dawn, New Day said...

Hi Norma! I can really relate to this post. I needed to read this today. Thank you!