Saturday, September 6, 2008

Victory

I am thinking of all of the changes that have gradually taken place in my heart and my eating habits since beginning this program.
I learned of TW in 2004 and began practicing the things taught. I had done WD before. I have now been at my ideal body weight for over 4 years. Within my normal bmi since Jan. of 2004 and at my current weight since Nov. of 2004.
I have never maintained weight in my life for more than about a year and a half. In my heart I know this is a permanent thing because for the first time I have included God and have not tried to do this in my own strength.
Some of the victories I have had:
Last night my husband and I went to the movies. We were about the only ones there without popcorn, candy, and drinks. Do you know that I did not even want any? I just wanted to hold my husbands hand and enjoy the movie.
I rarely think about food unless I am hungry. If I do think about food when not hungry I know something else is bothering me that needs dealt with.
I have not binged in over 4 years.
I rarely eat when not hungry or beyond satisfied.
I enjoy my meals and what I eat for the first time in my life.
I no longer take body measuremnts or weigh.
I am at peace with my body. Wrinkles, gray hair and all.
I no longer worry about my shape or size. I pray a lot about my eating, don't eat unless hungry, stop when satisfied and leave the results up to my loving Heavenly Father.
I thank you so much, Jesus for making these changes in me. I would have never thought it possible to be set free from this bondage of over 40 years, but you have set me free and I am free indeed.

2 comments:

Lil said...

I am so happy for you Norma! What a great post! We can do all things through Christ!

merrysfaithwalk said...

I enjoyed this post. I am thankful when I can do without something I used to "long" for. I know I can have chocolate, but I chose not to have any for a few days. Then I received my thinwithin book today, and opened it to page 143. She asks if certain foods cause me to binge. The suggestion is made to release that food for a season. The Holy Spirit had already spoken that to my heart; God is so awesome.