Monday, June 23, 2008

observe and correct

This has been a fun month socially with many reunions and celebrations but a difficult month with eating temptations.
There have been so many events with lots of rich food available. I have prayed and read the Word and have still given in at times eating beyond 5 and eating before 0.
I am so glad God gives many chances to observe and correct, or confess and repent.
Galatians 5:1b tells me to stand firm,then, and do not let ourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
In TW workbook it tells me to allow the Spirit to be my fresh beginning each time I need Him.
Rather than looking for and external do or don't look to Jesus for guidance.
Lord, help me please as I go on vacation for 10 days to not yield to temptation but to glorify you not only in what I eat and drink, but also in what I say and do. Please give me opportunities to speak up for you. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments: