Monday, December 1, 2008

Holidays

I want to glorify God in my eating as well as in all areas of my life. I spent hours with the Lord on Thanksgiving from 5am until 9am. I decided that if Jesus needed to spend all night in prayer before choosing His disciples I need to spend at least that much time in prayer and in the Word before tempting situations. I was so richly blessed. The day went smoothly and without dysfunction or strife, which is unusual when we get together. My Daughter even commented on how relaxed I seemed, which is also unusual for me since I do not believe the gift of hospitality has been one of my gifts. I did not overeat and the rich food did not even appeal to me. I experienced unspeakable peace and joy not only that evening and day but also the next day.
What a lesson for me. Abide in Him.
The answer is so simple and I make it so complicated.

1 comment:

Madeline said...

This is what I want! Freedom!
Thanks for your godly insights!
Jammy