Wednesday, February 4, 2009

21 days

We had the most wonderful sermon about taking 21 days to form a habit.
I want to practice what I heard and spend 21 days recommiting to this program. I want to invite the Lord into every eating occasion instead of trying to do this on my own and then to be obedient to what I feel I hear.
As soon as I think I do not need to pay attention and try to do this on my own I fail.
I think God allows this thorn in the flesh to keep me dependent on Him. To show me just how much I really need Him. That I can't even take care of simple meals without Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is exactly what I do and it shows our TOTAL dependence on Him every day huh?! We can't do it on our own, and seeking Him daily for help forever is what we need to do...but I do the exact same thing, think I got it and then go off to do it on my own and there goes my peace, here comes guilt, no joy, confusion, etc. But then as soon as I get back into line with His will for all then it is so much easier. Thanks for this post! It is so true!