Sunday, March 7, 2010

Practice His Presence

The sermon today really spoke to me. Practice His presence at all times. Pray without ceasing. Take off the old man and put on the new.
I thought this applies to TW. At lunch I invited the Lord Jesus into my meal. I looked at His picture which hangs in the kitchen. I thanked Him for creating that wonderful food. It made such a difference in how I ate. It was easy to follow the 8 keys when I practiced His presence.

Take off the old man and put on the new. The old me was so food focused and the eating was for my pleasure. Even losing weight was for the praise of man and not for the glory of God. I want to glorify God in my eating and body.

Why do we make this so hard. When our bodies tell us to eliminate or sleep we do it. We have gotten so wordly in our way of thinking about eating. All we have to do is think about other things and when our bodies are hungry feed them until satisfied with whatever our body is calling for.

1 comment:

Heidi Bylsma said...

You hit it right on the head! :-)