Tuesday, April 22, 2008

support

Today I want to emphasize the importance of support. Asking for help means I have to be humble and this is not always so easy to do. I have to surrender this area of my life to the Lord and also submit to other Christians who are walking this path.
Even though I teach this, I still struggle at times. I had gotten so caught up in helping everyone else and seeing what they needed to do that I was neglecting my own support. I had skipped several weeks of my own online support group where I go to learn and receive. Thus I had gained a couple of pounds. That is always a thermometer that something is off.
I returned to that support group. I told them of my struggles. They prayed for me. someone suggested I fill out the hunger graph for a week or so which is found in the Thin Again book. Someone else told me in love that she thought I was operating in my own performance instead of yielding to God. I put these things into practice and in 8 days the weight was off. In doing the hunger graph I noticed I truly was not eating 0 to 5. I also made sure I started spending time with the Lord first thing in the morning instead of running right to breakfast whether I was hungry or not. I prayed more about this area of my life. For this to work we must submit.

No comments: